Abalon by GMA: Abalone from the land wiw sea flavor
Galician Marine Aquaculture S. L. (GMA) is a Technology-Based company, belonging to the aquaculture sector, focused on the development and cultivation of new high-end marine species aimed at international markets. GMA aims to become the First European intensive culture producer of two marine Premium quality gastropod mollusks: European abalone (Haliotistuberculata) and Japanese abalone (Haliotis discus hannai). This process is currently being carried out at the company’s facilities (Land-base system) located on the Galician Atlantic coast (NWSPAIN). At present, all abalone culture phases are being carried out: hatchery, weaning and ongrowing.
GMA is a company created with the commitment to satisfy world consumers who value up-market sea products by developing its own and sustainable innovations in order to grow and market abalone.
GMA has become a leading company in the field of sustainable development and growth of new up-market marine species with value added presentations.
Turnover volume (2016)
• Production and sale of abalone
• Sustainable abalone farming
• Consultancy in marine aquaculture
• Live abalone
• Canned abalone
• Frozen abalone
• Abalone products added value
Europe, USA, and Asian markets (China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong-kong, Singapore, ...) are of maximum interest for GMA’s abalone exportation. We kindly appreciate any kind of collaboration and/or Join-Venture with local importers and retailers in order to commercialise and distribute GMA’s abalone products into target markets.
GMA’s competitive advantage is based on the partners experience and management abilities, the knowledge on processed fish markets and a distribution network experienced in the main target markets (China, Japan, Taiwan, USA and France), as well as highlyskilled personnel in the use of state-of-the-art recirculation systems available in the market and adapted to develop the target species.
Through a combination of location, a talented team and state of the art technology, GMA is able to produce high-quality Premium Abalone all year round.
Galician Marine Aquaculture’s farm is located on the bay of Muros-Noia, considered as one of the marine ecosystems with the highest levels of biodiversity of the world. The great productivity of this bay and the excellent quality of its products are due to the high quality and abundance of seaweed and plankton, the sea temperature and currents and its peculiar seabed.
These conditions ensure abalone farming under the most natural conditions with the minimal stress and a special biodensity care. All GMA`s abalone products and production process are carried out under an Integrated Management System of Food Safety and Environmental Standards according to EN ISO 22000: 2005 and EMAS Environmental Audit System.
• 2014: GMA becomes a member of BIOGA.
• 2012: GMA becomes a member of the Galician Aquaculture Cluster, ANFACO and APROMAR.
• 2006-2009: Abalone nutrition and recirculating aquaculture is developed at Pilot Farm (University of Santiago de Compostela).
• 2006: The Galician Regional Council grants GMA the status of Sectorial Projectof Supra-municipal significance. Furthermore, GMA becomes one of the co-founding members of the Galician Biotechnological Cluster.
• 2005: A First Abalone Pilot Farm is constructed at University of Santiago de Compostela (Recirculating System).
• 2004: The Project for abalone comprehensive culture in A Piela (Muros) is considered a Social Strategic Concern by the Council of Muros.
• 2006: Award for Business Success in Galicia in the section “Revelation Company” organized by the magazine “ActualidadEconómica”.
• 2003: First Prize in the 3rd Business Initiatives Contest of the University of Santiago de Compostela in the category of Technology-based projects.
Luis González Ferrera
A Piela s/n- Tal de Abaixo
15290- Muros (A Coruña) - Spain
(+34) 981 936 328