Research, teaching and innovation at the service of health
Fundación Profesor Novoa Santos is the entity responsible of the promotion, management and development of research and innovation in the public hospitals of the health areas of A Coruña and Ferrol, as well as of the broadcasting and transfer to society of the results obtained.
Among its priorities are collaborative projects with companies and other institutions both public and private, so the scientific advances are translated into healthcare activity. The Foundation acts as managing body of the Instituto de Investigación Biomédica de A Coruña (INIBIC) and of Centro Tecnológico de Formación.
Turnover volume (2016)
• Training through simulation (virtual reality, robotics,...)
• Development of surgical devices
• Clinical Trials
• Research in Vaccines
• Creation and Development of bioinformatic tools
• Development of methods and kits of diagnoses
We can highlight, among many other:
• Proteomics and Genomics Platforms
• Management of clinical trials
• Innovative surgery techniques training courses
• Validation of kits of diagnoses
We are mainly interesting in contacting with companies for collaborative development as well as licensing our patents, specifically in the fields of microbiology and rheumatology.
Fundación Profesor Novoa Santos has highly qualified professionals working in different areas such as management of research projects, innovation and technology transfer or clinical trials. Also the foundation acts as the management entity of Instituto de Investigación Biomédica de A Coruña (INIBIC), certified by Instituto de Salud Carlos III in 2015.
Our potential lies in the notorious involvement of the research groups that meet basic with healthcare research, and closeness with the patient. Our training centre is also considered one of the best in Europe and organizes numerous international activities every year.
In addition to the important achievement of the certification of the Biomedical Research Institute (INIBIC), the Foundation participates in projects of particular relevance such as projects in Innovative Medicine Iniciatives or grants for development projects in personalized medicine within the program to promote scientific research of excellence (strategic action in health 2013-2016). Also, grants for projects integrated of excellence in the IIS of the call 2016 (strategic action in health 2013-2016).
• 2014: National Award in Broadcasting of ITCs in Healthcare (Sociedad Española de Informática de la Salud).
• Live Attenuated Vaccines
• Live Attenuated Vaccines of Staphylococcus aureus
• Use of short probes between 8 and 9 nucleotides in multiple assays
• Method for diagnosing arthrosis
• Compounding Telomerase Assay
• Procedure for the clinical diagnosis of an infectious disease based on the use of quantitative PCR , labeled oligonucleotides from 8 to 9 nucleotides in length and UNG Cod (Gadus morhua)
• Molecular block-matching method for gel image analysis
Ms. Patricia Rey Pérez (Director)
Xubias de Arriba, 84
Hospital Teresa Herrera, 1st floor
15006 A Coruña - Spain
(+34) 981 178 150