The vet biotech company
We are a biotech company where scientist and veterinarian collaborate to develop drugs and personalized treatments based on cell therapy and genetic diagnostic, with the main aim of improving animal health.
Our therapies are coming from the latest discoveries and our own and other innovations in the sector. We work with stem cells (mesenchymal stem cells: MSCs) and growth factors (platelet-rich plasma: PRP). We treat inflammatory or degenerative problems in tendons, ligaments or joints and also complex fractures. We also treat other general diseases where the immune system of the animal is altered.
Turnover volume (2016)
The use of adult stem cells is a mature technology that is achieving first drugs approved in humans. Its use in veterinary field is the main interest of Centauri Biotech, and this novel approach has competitive advantages: high efficiency in regeneration and recovery, non-invasive therapy (shorter recovery and rehabilitation periods) and it is able to be combined with existing conventional treatments.
These advanced therapies can be classified in two groups of treatments depending on the source where they come, and they both are the lines of business of Centauri Biotech.
• Autologous: a sample is obtained from the patient, in vitro expanded and re-administered to the same animal. At regulatory level, this is considered a service and Centauri is an accredited lab and is already in the market for this purpose.
• Allogenic: adult stem cells are obtained from a donor animal and they are administered as a drug in a different animal. At regulatory level this is considered a medicine and the corresponding approval of regulatory agencies is mandatory.
Arthrostem, Enterostem, Dermastem, Keratoconjunctivitis sicca treatment, Growth factors/PRPs, Criopreservation.
The present interest of Centauri is the consolidation in the Spanish and Portuguese markets, where it is now already present.
Once this is achieved, other European markets will be of interest for Ceutauri, as British, French, German, Dutch and Scandinavian markets.
Centauri works in a case-by-case basis and each treatment is and individualized treatment. We offer a service, not only a product, and Centauri is the only company in the market that:
• Is working certified by ISO rules that grant our quality (ISO 9001 and ISO 14001).
• Is having a civil responsibility coverage (MAPFRE) just in case any of our treatments could exceptionally cause any problem to the patients.
• Is a company officially recognized by the European Medicines Agency (EMA).
• Our research works have been published in international scientific journals, giving proof of the safety and efficacy of our treatments.
• Is working with normalized protocols and standardized procedures.
Centauri Biotech is the first European company conducting a multicenter clinical trial with horses according to the European Medicines Agency (EMA) rules.
• 2015: Recognition as “Innovative SME” by Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (MINECO).
• 2013: First Galician Finalist in “Emprendedor XXI” Awards, La Caixa / National Innovation Company (ENISA).
• 2012: Award from the “Foro de presentación de proyectos y empresas biotecnológicas”, Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (MINECO) / Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT).
Luis Mariñas Pardo (R&D Director)
C/Asunción s/n, 1º Izq.
15142 Meicende - Arteixo - Spain
(+34) 881 993 722