Bioactive components from seaweeds
Celtalga Extract, Ltd., a spin-off of the University of Santiago de Compostela. Celtalga manufactures aqueous extracts from brown and green seaweeds collected in the Galician coast. The ultrasound-assisted process applied to obtain extracts uses water as the only solvent, thus being an eco-friendly process. Both ingredients and process are patented by the University of Santiago). Sálvora is a new brand of organic cosmetics that involves innovative ingredients developed by Celtalga.
We wish the society to benefit from the goodness of seaweed extracts properties, through an innovative proposal of facial skin care products. Lab tests of the extracts both in vitro and chemical ones, evidence free radical scavenging, inhibition of the protein glycosylation and several enzymatic activities- such as antielastase and antihyaluronidase- that imply protection against skin damage, be it from aging or oher factors.
Turnover volume (2016)
• Food ingredients
• Antioxidants and antiaging components from macroalgae.
• Cometic ingredients with antiaging and antioxidant activities: AN-Antiox, BB-Antiox, SM-Antiox, FV-Antiox.
• We wish to make contacts and meet potential partners.
• We seek business relationships and collaborations.
• We want to go abroad in commercial activities and participation in trade fairs.
• Patented aqueous extracts wit anti-collagenase, anti-hyaluronidase, anti-elastase, anti-tyrosinase and protein-glycation inhibitors.
• Success in the crowdfunding-reward campaign for starting-up a line of bioactive-containing cosmetics, based on aqueous macroalgae ingredients with proven bioactivity: Sálvora.
• 2015: 1st Prize in the contest I Edition of start-up accelarators from Intenational Excellence Campus “Campus do Mar” Vigo and 3rd prize in I Prize of Galician Journal of Science.
• 2014: Prize for the Best Technological-based startup. University of Santiago de Compostela.
• ES2441469B2. Antioxidant extract from brown seaweeds and preparation process.